The first one: after finding out that what I read initially was full of false promises and I did not get what they "advertised" ... it's all in the reading, wording, and small print - like 6 pt. type ... they initially refused ANY refund at all. It was website that was supposed to have a lot of "free" ways to do genealogy. Lies, all lies. once I got there. I promptly went to my FB account, posted information about them, their scam, their link, and my opinion of why I felt it was a rip off. Then I sent them the link, and called them a scond time. After some insistence, persistence, and their inability to DENY my charges against them, they gladly gave me a FULL refund, back on to my credit card!
This time ... not quite the same scenario, but still avoidance, and unwillingingnes to "immediately" give me a refund. This was one of those "make money on line", with possibility of BIG dollars quickly. After I had given credit card information, THEN more offers which, of course, will help to make BIG money, FASTER! I did not accept either of those offers. They willingingly took my money and displayed a message that a user name and password to MY personal WEBSITE for this TERRIFIC (yeah, right) opportunity would be emailed to me. I received the email, congratulating me on my WISE decision to join them. Yes, it had a user name and password. Just one small catch ... it didn't work. It even said there was no such email in their system. Talk about being a bit IRATE ... especially since they boasted about being able to BEGIN RIGHT AWAY, as soon as I logged in.
You can imagine my disappointment. I waited, and tried again ... to no avail. So I decided I would wait a couple of days before calling their "CUSTOMER SUPPORT" number. Well, guess what? That was on SUNDAY ... hmmm, of course, they don't work on SUNDAY!!!
First thing this morning I called ... again ... the person on the other end of the line was a foreigner I could barely understand - that began my frustration, all over again. Speaking VERY broken English, he did the best he knew how to inform me that without trying the system for 30 days first, I would be losing 50% of my money. That didn't sit well with me, at all. So he informed me that if I would be willing to do that, he would issue me a new user name and password, use the system for 30 days, then could request a FULL refund at the end of that time. I agreed. He told me it would take about 20 minutes to be changed. I waited, then attempted to log into this WONDERFUL new website that I was going to start making BOO KOO bucks with ... what next?
Oh, my ... yes, the user name and password worked fine - let me past the homepage. What's the first thing I see? A disclaimer box that I have to "Agree" to before I could SEE or DO ANYTHING in MY website. With limited time before leaving for work, I made another phone call. A woman answered, and spoke in ENGLISH. Well, that was a good beginning. I went over the disclaimer, sentence by sentence, explaining why I would not sign it. I also explained my frustration of things that had happened even before I got a user name and password that WORKED. She assured me a FULL refund on my credit card and informed me she would send me a confirmation email that my account has been closed and that I would receive my FULL refund in 3-5 days, which I received within just a few hours!
I was a bit later than normal getting to work. But ... mission accomplished!!!